Monday, March 16, 2009

My Other Etsy Store...Modern Beads














Did I forget to mention my other Etsy store here? Uh, guess so. I launched Modern Beads at Etsy a while back as a place for my "minimalist modern" bead and sterling silver earrings and necklaces. 

I developed a real love for beads. However I maintain my dislike for fussy bunches of beads. Just one or two at a time, please. Three tops. What developed was a minimalist modern look. I started with earrings, and all my friends seemed to love them. And I wear them all the time too. So I decided I needed to have a venue to give me the excuse to keep making them - and to keep my jewelry box from overflowing. I uploaded a few new pieces the other day - hope to get this store stocked up again for Spring soon!

By the way, I use mostly repurposed or thrifted beads for the pieces at Modern Beads, so each necklace or pair of earrings is extremely limited edition -- some are one-of-a-kind. If you want first dibs on new Modern Beads pieces, you can RSS the shop feed. Isn't that cool?

No comments: